There are three ways to look at this question in your mind.
- What is trending and has better prospects
- What am I good at and what do I enjoy
- Am I asking the right question in the first place
What is trending and has better prospects
This is pretty easy have a look on this google search; it is Data Science at 2nd position and then web development.
Let’s move on to the next question
What am I good at and what do I enjoy
This is the part very few of us do. So ask questions like these
- Do I like to create new things that make handling easier for them?
- Was I often or sometimes complimented for visually creative work I did in school, college or office.
- Do I enjoy designing things and make things look better.
If the answers to two or more these questions above are yes then Web development and UI/UX are great areas for you.
- I loved numbers, it was not about marks only but I always enjoyed working on numbers in physics and maths.
- I can take a big problem and break it down into smaller problems. I can identify very well the important issues from less important ones.
- It not just me, others like teachers, professors, co-workers and batch mates have also seen and recognized this trait in me
If the answers to above questions is yes then Data Science and Machine learning are great areas for you.
Am I asking the right question?
“You assume it is either Web Dev. or data science in Python, or in other words both are not linked and connected. “
Reality is this
- Python is capable of both Web Dev. and Data Science, and
- Importantly, both are interlinked, Data Science is next step of Web. Dev.
So perhaps you learn Python first and do some projects in both Data science and web development and check in which you are interested more. Then decide the best career of your choice.